Thank-o for Fanco: Young Suburban Professional Writes stuff.

Yeah, I don't write here anymore. Check out Detroit Church Blog. detroitchurchblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hall of Shame

A quote for your enjoyment.

"I congratulate Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn for their induction to the Hall of Fame because they were great ballplayers," [Barry] Bonds said ... "But I also think McGwire and Pete Rose should be in Cooperstown."

Allow me to translate.

"I WANNA BE IN THE HALL OF FAME, TOO! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

I do however agree with Bonds that Rose should be in the HOF, but whatever. He didn't cheat at the game. He just bet on it, which is stupid, but he should at least be more than a footnote in the record books. I mean all time hits leader isn't nothin'.

McGwire and Bonds (and Sosa for that matter) however disgraced themselves by cheating, even though they probably didnt even need to.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My top five favorite athletes:

1. Al Kaline
2. Gordie Howe
3. Roberto Clemente
4. Bob Gibson
5. Cassius Clay a.k.a. Ali

Not a steroid or a betting slip in the bunch that I know of. UF

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ali supports embryonic stem cell research, since his 60-some year old life is more important than innocent embryos.

That would exclude him from any of my lists.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was supposed to be a fun list. If the criteria was pro-life, conservative Catholics I might be hard pressed to find 5. It's all Fun/Sports dude! Sorry, but Mike Sweeney is not one of my favorite sports guys. UF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home