Thank-o for Fanco: Young Suburban Professional Writes stuff.

Yeah, I don't write here anymore. Check out Detroit Church Blog. detroitchurchblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Google, China, and I: an Evil Trifecta?

Google has sold out to China. To extend their tentacles to over the country with a plurality of the world’s population Google has agreed to “block some sites that cover human rights, Tibet and other topics Beijing doesn't want the citizens of this communist nation to research.” This of course only applies to www.google.cn. Rest assured that www.google.com and www.google.ca will not be blocking these things.

China has an evil government as far as I can see.

Human Rights violations as far as the eye can see. (I’m a poet…)

Infanticide and compulsory abortion to limit population growth.

Catholics in China are not allowed to have allegiance to the Vatican. Several priests have been arrested.

•Their near-slave wages sticking it to America all the time.

•Pegging their currency to the dollar to further stick it to us.

So is Google guilty by association?

Google is also refusing to turn over info to the federal government regarding pornography and minors’ access to it.

Now of course there are some privacy issues involved in that.

Don’t get me wrong. I love g-mail. My home page is a personalized Google page with my e-mail and my favorite RSS feeds. Most of my searching is done with Google. Wait a second… does that make me evil?

Uh oh…

Is using Google a mortal sin? Probably not.

Maybe that will be the subject of B16’s next encyclical.
Granted it would be an odd follow up to Deus Caritas Est (God is Love), but it would provide us with necessary instruction on how to approach Google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home