Thank-o for Fanco: Young Suburban Professional Writes stuff.

Yeah, I don't write here anymore. Check out Detroit Church Blog. detroitchurchblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Will the real Rod Marinelli please stand up?

In case you haven't heard the Lions have hired a new Head Coach, Rod Marinelli. I of course wanted to learn more about this guy after reading the story on ESPN.com.

So I did a Google image search for "Rod Marinelli" to see what this dude looks like. This picture below is not edited in any fancy way. I just moved the photos around in paint to give the 9 crucial images and make them fit into a reasonably sized picture. I did not alter names or captions or the photos. Just the locations. So, Google, which is the right Rod Marinelli? Kind reader, could you pick him out of a lineup? (click for a bigger version, or go to the actual GIS)

Left to Right, Top to Bottom Pick a number 1-9... I'll give you a hint. His name is Italian.



no peaking now

R
O
D

M
A
R
I
N
E
L
L
I

I
S

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Number 6!




If you knew, good job!
If not get used to his face.

Other things:
  • He apparently is from Missourri: Football is a show-me game. I'm tired of talking," said Marinelli.
  • He has never been a head coach.
  • Oakland was also interested.
  • Millen actually interviewed a lot of dudes this time
  • Rod is an Olivia Newton-John Fan: "I want to be physical, that's my style," Marinelli said. "I want to run the ball with power, defend with power."
But will this fix the real problem?

With Lions president Matt Millen's players and coaches, the Lions are an NFL-worst 21-59 over the past five seasons since the former linebacker and TV analyst became an NFL executive for the first time.

Lions fans will approach the new season with excitement but shouldn't get their hopes up. When we have a winning record we can start talking playoffs.

Which reminds me. I still miss Wayne Fontes.



1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should miss Wayne Fontes. I would love to return to the days of 9-7 and maybe sneaking into a first round playoff loss. Those were the days. Where have you gone Eric Kramer. Uncle Frank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home