Thank-o for Fanco: Young Suburban Professional Writes stuff.

Yeah, I don't write here anymore. Check out Detroit Church Blog. detroitchurchblog.blogspot.com

Friday, November 18, 2005

Religious Freedom

There is a report that says that the Chinese government has arrested Priests and Seminarians.

I'm sure the ACLU is just salivating over this.

Anyhow, I hear people complain about George Bush taking away our freedom. The USA is free. Our Constitution and the Bill of Rights are outstanding models. I don't see these 'lost freedoms.'
When I hear reports like this, I am grateful for being born in the United States. I have been blessed with freedom. In some countries people can't even practice their religion. China is not the only country who persecutes those of certain religions.

People like to complain about God in the pledge of allegiance, and crosses on city seals. These are an element of our history as a nation. These symbols may be intact, but people are still free to practice their religion or not care about it.

The whole issue of the ACLU suing Las Cruces to remove crosses from their city seal is ridiculous. The city's name means "THE CROSSES," for the love of Pete. The town does not force anyone to be Christian by having crosses on their city seal. This has nothing to do with the first amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." It is a LOCAL government. Congress has nothing to do with the city seal.

Why does the ACLU do nothing about images of Minerva on city seals like that of Los Angeles. (They did however fight to remove the tiny cross from it.) She is after all a pagan goddess. Is that not an "establishment of religion" as much as crosses are?

Why is the ACLU so focused on removing Christianity from the public arena? Like it or not, a vast amount of this Country was founded/settled by Christians. All the French Jesuits, the countless missionaries, the pilgrims, etc. It is part of our History and must be acknowledged as such. This is not Congress establishing religion, but a recognition of our roots.

Yet despite all this Christianity in our origins, we have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and Atheists all living here without persecution. The ACLU however lives to suppress Christian symbols in the public arena. When they aren't doing that they are supporting the likes of the North American Man-Boy Love Association. They don't however suppress loud calls to prayer by a mosque in Hamtramck. They don't fight pagan symbols in the public square.

Prepare yourselves for the annual freaking out about nativity scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home