"The Lockhorns" and its trouble with facts.
The Lockhorns is over all a terrible comic, but this one from January 16th takes the cake.
The “punchline” reads “Leroy’s rooting for the Packers… I’m rooting for the cable to go out.”
Okay. Let’s assume that these comics are written three weeks in advance.
Even so, there was no chance on, above or under the Earth for the Packers to be playing in mid-January. Heck, I think I knew they wouldn’t make it after only a few weeks into the season.
It would almost be reasonable if Leroy was rooting for say the Bears, or the Colts, or the Patriots… They at least played the weekend before.
Someone needs to work harder at the Lockhorns so they don’t come off looking like total idiots in the comics any more than they already do.
-AF

11 Comments:
i totally agree. so lame.
i'm still rooting for the lions.
at least equally lame though is the family circus. i cant remember any direct quotes, so i'll make up a pseudo comic:
girl is drawing with crayons on a paper.
boy is sitting with mom.
"look mom, sister is drawing with crayons."
"mommy, where is grandma"
"grandma is in heaven"
"mommy, how many grandkids will you have when your old?"
"mom, i know you said not to jump on the bed, but i did and i bumped my head. i'm sorry. i know it was wrong to disobey you"
Every now and then Bill would shake things up and draw one of the kids complex paths on the way to doing a simple task like coming home.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1f j00 guyz 1yk3 t3h l0ckh0rnz.
j00'll l0v3 ][v][n n3\/\/ p'z0n3x0rz.
t3h l4v4n h4wkx0rz.
1f j00 guyz 1yk3 t3h l0ckh0rnz.
j00'll l0v3 ][v][y n3\/\/ p'z0n3x0rz.
t3h l4v4n h4wkx0rz.*
The Family Circus is Catholic, one had the little girl saying her night prayers...Hail Mary, full of grapes....
It used to be the only comic I ever read--now I read none. Uncle Frank
brother is laying in bed.
"dig out with your dig out"
Mom is making cookies?
"Can I have a cookie?"
Post a Comment
<< Home