The irony...
... is not lost on me. "Friendship Church" dancing on someone's grave.This bring me to something crucial about this weekend. Two of the most vile forces in the United States today will be descending upon Ann Arbor. Yes Fred Phelps and his WBC (of www.Godhatesfags.com fame) will be in town protesting the Laramie Project. Also, perhaps more vile, is the Ohio State University football team.
I don't like either group, and I hope they both are defeated tomorrow. Well, i want OSU to lose the football game of course. I want there to be no incidents on campus due to this Phelps fellow.
I'm pretty sure God doesn't hate homosexuals. I am also sure that he thinks that homosexual relations (aka buggery) is sinful and wrong. God is a loving God, but he is also a just God. He will enact judgement. It is not my position to say who is and isn't going to Heaven, but nevertheless Christians should be watching out for our fellow human beings. We should try to guide all to the path of righteousness. I am afraid Phelps' tactics aren't very effective and merely embolden his targets.
So point is... Fred Phelps is not representative of Christianity. He needs prayers.
OSU is not representative of college athletics. God doesn't hate fags, and he doesn't hate Fred Phelps. God may or may not hate Ohio State. I'll have to check my Catechism.
Either way...
GO BLUE! BEAT THOSE LOUSY BUCKEYES!
and only this week... GO (Michigan) STATE!
Best Case Scenario: UM wins, PSU loses
Decent Scenario: UM wins, PSU wins
Worst Scenario ever: anything involving an OSU win tomorrow. (unless of course it is Oregon State, I don't care about them.)

1 Comments:
Why the hell is Fred Phelps protesting CHRIST THE KING?? Apparently we are too gay-friendly? Since WHEN? Apparently he is going to protest there and then outside my office and school. MY school. Not U of M. AVE MARIA. What the heck?
Someone needs to clock this guy and fast.
Post a Comment
<< Home